Picture Souce: https://sofiavonhumboldt.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/ansiedade.jpg
RECOMMENDATIONs for overcoming anxiety related to COVID 19 – The new novel coronavirus
It is normal to get axity during this new novel coronavirus COVID-19 outbreak. Here I will share some tips to reduce your anxiety increased by this pandemic situation!
1. Isolate yourself from the news about the virus. (Everything we need to know, we already know).
2. Don’t look for additional information on the Internet, it would weaken your mental state and could cause somatization.
3. Avoid sending chains and fatalistic messages. Some people don’t have the same mental strength as you (Instead of helping you, you could activate pathologies such as depression).
4. If possible, listen to music at home at a pleasant volume, watch tv, pray or meditate.
5. Look for board games to entertain children, tell stories and future plans.
6. Maintain discipline in the home by washing your hands, putting up a sign or alarm for everyone in the house.
7. Your positive mood will help protect your immune system, while negative thoughts have been shown to depress your immune system and make it weak against viruses.
8. Most importantly, firmly believe that this will pass, and you are just having your vacation at home and this will make us stronger than before.